Day at the Zoo

January 22, 2015




   We were invited to go to the zoo with Jon and his two kiddos on Saturday. We got a text invite last minute to see if we wanted to meet up at the zoo. That's how we roll!

  I didn't know how my mom would get around at the zoo, but figured if there is a will, there is a way. I mentioned the zoo to my mom and her comment was "isn't there a lot of walking there". I told my mom that we could get her a wheel chair, not that she needed it, but so she could have fun at the zoo.  ;)

Jon was nice and rented the wheelchair. Wheelchair rentals at the zoo are $10. I never heard of wheelchair rentals so that was something new to me.

We raced mom around in the wheelchair and raced the kids around in their stroller to see who could go the fastest. The kids had fun riding around in the wheelchair too. My mom said "I'm going to look like an old lady who can't walk" and she kept laughing about the wheelchair. Jon wheeled around in the wheelchair for a bit to get her excited to sit in the wheelchair for her day at the zoo. The kids thought that was cool to see their dad in a wheelchair & Macy said "can we get one of these".


We saw elephants, monkeys, rhinos, polar bears, grizzly bears, seals, otters, a tiger, wolves, and more.



   It was fun to be able to spend a beautiful winter day at the zoo. The weather was just perfect!

  Thank you, Jon, for the invite and making this a fun and memorable experience!





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Fun, fun, fun!!What a great idea to go to the zoo in the winter!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! :)

Popular Posts