Just Be

October 01, 2019



37 years ago this week, my mom gave birth to me. For that, I am forever grateful to her & all she endured to help give me life.

I have learned with Dementia to . . .

NOT set high expectations, for it will only lead to disappointment or sadness.

Instead, I have learned to JUST BE. Just be present. Just be in the moment. Just be happy. Just be thankful.

Just be ……. (you fill in the blank)

There are so many things that you can JUST BE.

For those wondering. . .

my mom doesn't know the time, day, week, month, year, birthdays, or holidays.

For my birthday this year, I learned to JUST BE with my mom. I was just happy to be with my mom. That was enough for me. It was another typical day with her. I learned to not set high expectations and because of this it was such a happy birthday for me.

P.S. 


I decided to kiss my mom on the cheek. She looked at me afterwards and laughed. She gave me a look as if she thought I was a little crazy for doing that. I just laugh and smile at these moments.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for your comment! :)

Popular Posts