Watching TV & The Remote

July 12, 2017



It just dawned on me this weekend. My mom can no longer turn the tv on and use the remote by herself. This task has become to hard for her.

My mom has been struggling on how to work the remote since she moved into assisted living. It was an eye opener when she was having a hard time at first to use the remote.

My mom has loved to watch TV and that has been her daily activity for the last few years while she has had frontotemporal dementia.

My mom is still able to watch TV, on the community TV, in assisted living. She loves to do that. She has a seat that she is always on watching TV. They might as well label the couch as "Cindy's Couch".  She is in the same spot every time we go visit her.  :)

I have noticed that my mom is confused watching TV, also. She will repeat what people say on the TV and kind of question it like she doesn't know what they are saying. OR she will say the word the TV says and then she'll ask me if I have ever heard of that word before. It will be a simple word and it's surprising the words she does not know anymore. She loves to laugh at the TV, too. She'll laugh at almost anything and everything. She'll laugh so loud that it makes you laugh watching her laugh.

I'm thankful that my mom is still able to watch TV and that she enjoys it.

In life, it is the simple things that matter the most!

My mom reminds me of this everyday!

Written By:




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I always think that laughter in a loved one is a good sign! That is so great that Cindy loves to watch t.v. and that her spot is reserved for her on the couch! They must know at the Care Center that Cindy has her spot and nobody better take it! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! :)

Popular Posts