Cindy's June Doctor Update

June 06, 2018



We took Cindy to another doctor's appointment yesterday for a follow up. All went well. These appointments seem like a breeze these days, compared to when she was first diagnosed. She has no anger anymore and she basically has no idea why she's going to the doctor.

We received a receipt after paying her co-payment. I was holding it in my hand while Cindy asked me what it was. She didn't know what a receipt was. The new phase lately has been Cindy asking us what "basic things are, like a receipt.


Cindy hasn't been sleeping well at night, so her sleep and mood pill has been increased, so hopefully she can get some better sleep. She texted me last night 88 times from 7:30pm to 7am so that shows that she's texting me instead of sleeping. I put my phone on silent and let her text away. I think texting is a calming method for her. 🙃

Here are some examples of Cindy's texts to me lately . . . . I'm the text in yellow and she's the one in gray.



Cindy might have a new ride soon in the form of a wheelchair. The doctor ordered her one because she's had a harder time walking lately. The doctor ordered physical therapy, too. We'll see how that turns out with her Dementia, and if they can get her to do the therapy.

Cindy is still doing well in her own world. It seems like she has entered a newer stage of Dementia that we are still trying to figure out. She's more quiet. She has lost a lot of meaning of words and conversations are hard. We communicate with music, hugs, and our smiles. She loves her music. 






You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. One thing that is certainly good is that she still remembers you! I saw the video where a son tries everything he could think of to get his mom to remember who he was, all to no avail. So heartbreaking when that actually happens. She looks in good spirits now! It's so cute to see her texting you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! :)

Popular Posts