Dementia Note Written By My Mom in 2008

March 13, 2018



I have found many notes that my mom wrote prior to her dementia diagnosis. She would write her frustrations down sometimes.


This note above was written in the year 2008. My mom was diagnosed with Frontotemporal Dementia in 2014. This shows that she was struggling for many years, and not understanding what was wrong with her.

These are just some of the signs of Dementia and a sign that something might not be right.

I share this in hopes that this helps other learn about this disease, and to help shed light on what goes on in someone's mind who is going through this.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. <3 <3 <3

    Oooof... This is so heartbreaking. To know that something is happening, but not be able to make heads or tales of it. I'm so glad that your mother at least was able to turn to pen and paper, and that she's let you in to help her on this journey <3 You are such a wonderful daughter, and she's so very lucky to have you.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping in to say hi and to let you know that I'm thinking about you. Sending all my love, and hope you are having a great week! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! :)

Popular Posts