My Purpose - For Becoming Public, About My Mom

July 24, 2017



It’s true! 

My mom was diagnosed with Frontotemporal Dementia at the age of 56. She is now 60.


I have never spoken publicly about this and I have only spoken to a select few about what I have been going through for the last 4 years.


I keep having this feeling that I need to share my mom's story to spread awareness and no matter what I do to try to get rid of that feeling, it keeps coming back to me & won't leave me alone.

I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and I'm becoming a voice for my mom. Please come read our story and please help me spread awareness on Frontotemporal Dementia. I would appreciate your support so much! Thank you! Thank you! 

I'm excited because my brother will be helping with some blog posts and his family will be starring in upcoming YouTube videos, that I will share. This will give you a chance to see two different interactions with my mom and how she is with each of our families, separately. You will be able to see my mom interact with her grandchildren and you'll see how young they are to have a younger grandma, who has been diagnosed with dementia.

Thank you to everyone who has been our supporters, so far! It means so much to us!


⭐️ Blog - http://ftdjourney.blogspot.com/

⭐️ Watch Our FTD Videos That Have Been Released (There are many more to come) -


https://youtu.be/SgRiBVS2jJo

P.S. Please be patient with me. I had a stroke a year ago and because  of that, sometimes, I'm kind of slow, but I have so much to share.






You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'm glad that you decided to tell your story! It has only been 4 months and look at the community that you have become a part of. Many people are going through similar struggles, though not identical, and you can give them hope and direction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate your support and you telling me about your mom! I hope to give others hope, direction, and I know it is helping myself therapeutically, by not holding it all in anymore.

      Thanks again!

      - Natalie A.

      Delete
  2. Hi Natalie,

    My name is Janna and my mother in law has also been diagnosed with Frontaltemporal dementia. She is 58, diagnosed at 52. She is now living with us. I would love to talk to you more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this comment reaches you! Please e-mail me at coolnatty12@yahoo.com. I'd love to connect with you, and learn more. I'm so sorry that you are on the FTD journey, too! You are amazing to be helping your mother-in-law! It is not easy! Blessings and love sent to your family!

      - Natalie A.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment! :)

Popular Posts