My Mom's Painting

July 24, 2017


It's amazing how the brain works.

I remember when my mom was younger and she would go to painting classes. She would come home with new projects she had completed. The painting projects would be hung on the wall. I remember that she also once did stencils around the top of my walls in my room and helped me decorate my room in cats. I was a young girl in elementary school in these days.


○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○

This is a cat painting above that my mom painted  just a little over a year before we started to realize something was really wrong with my mom. Just a few months after that, she was diagnosed with Frontotemporal Dementia.

My mom's sister would buy my mom paint by number paintings to give my mom an activity to do at her home. My mom loved painting, but hadn't painted for quite awhile. 

It's amazing to me how she was able to do this painting just barely over a year before she was diagnosed. I remember her only complaint about her painting activity was that it was hard to see the numbers and lines.

It is so cute that my mom dedicated the cat painting to her cat, Tiger. She wrote this on the back of her painting.

My mom had another lighthouse painting that her sister gave to her. It was in line to do next after this cat painting. My mom loved lighthouses. My mom started this painting, but never completed it.


Many, many thanks to my mom's 2 sisters for all they have done for my mom in her life time! They have been amazing to her! My mom has been blessed with the best sisters!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is such a beautiful post! I love how your mother dedicated the painting to her cat. And I love that you cherish these paintings! Thanks so much for sharing your story, for linking up with me and for #SpreadingTheKindness!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! :)

Popular Posts